We used to be on almost every facebook group for swingers. At first they all seem appealing as a potential source of new candidates to swing with. But very soon we realized that most of those groups are useless for swinger couples, whose main goals are to find other swingers close to them and to exchange info about events, clubs and resorts. Here are some of our experiences with such groups:
– They are usually infested by men pretending to be a woman or a couple.
– They are often not well moderated and therefore are full of spam.
– They are usually created by swinger web site owners or club owners or event organizers and are full of promotions for those companies.
– The functionality does not allow for genuine interaction with other swingers, unless you hook up with someone and then get off FB and communicate via email or IM, Skype, etc. We have only met 2 couples off FB, out of a few hundred profiles that we’ve been in touch with. Repeat: there is a disproportionate amount of fakes there.
– Most posts are not worth looking at and are waste of time (lots of spam too).
– Most discussions (threads) are pointless, a lot of them are LOLs, LMAOs, ‘awesome’ and “I wish we were there”… Many threads turn into bickering or off-color comments. A typical post to start a thread: “I am horny tonight! LOL…” and it all goes downhill from there.
– Many join these Groups to post and view porn photos, and as a result the Group is eventually shut down by FB police.
– In order to join such Groups, swingers typically create a separate, secret swinger profile on FB, that is separate from their regular vanilla profile. If you are not careful, mistakes may happen and your cover will be blown. Some of our friends have been compromised that way.
– Overall FB does NOT like swingers and often harasses them. But many ‘wannabe’ swingers on FB are to blame for that too, because they often behave in rude, vulgar and inconsiderate ways.
For all these reasons we stopped using FB swinger groups much, although we still belong to several. We check them once a month, may be, or less frequently.
Good specialized swinger sites are still the best way of hooking up with other swingers for us. We’ve had luck mostly with aff (paid) and fullofdesire.com (completely free for couples and women). Fullofdesire, for instance, has all the functionality of FB, minus the restrictions on nudity; plus the ability to search by location, which FB doesn’t have, and many more swinger-friendly features..